Main Logo for Providence College

Conditions of Awards

Satisfactory Academic Progress

Students must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress standards in order to receive or continue to receive financial aid funded by the federal government, state, or the College. Students must complete 67% of attempted coursework and maintain the required G.P.A. as published in the College catalog. If you were awarded a merit-based scholarship, please refer to your scholarship contract for the minimum academic standards necessary. Visit our Satisfactory Academic Progress ​webpage for more information.

Drug Conviction

If a student receiving federal financial aid funds is convicted of any offense under any federal or state law involving the possession or sale of illegal drugs, during a period of enrollment for which that student was receiving Title IV, HEA program funds, he/she is subject to the loss of eligibility for any Title IV, HEA grant, loan, or work study assistance (HEA Sec. 484 ( r )(1)); (20 U.S.C. 1091 ( r )(1)). For more information, visit Federal Student Aid and select Students with Criminal Convictions.

Leave of Absence or Withdrawing from the College

If the student takes a leave of absence or withdraws from the College, the aid package may be adjusted in accordance with federal, state and institutional policy. We strongly recommend that a student contact a financial aid counselor BEFORE making a final decision regarding any such change. Visit our Withdrawal/L​eave of Absence webpage ​for more information.